We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
425 Quill Dr.,
Dawsonville, GA 30534
Phone: (706) 429-0077
Fax: (706) 429-0078
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We are located on GA400 South of the Outlets next to the Outside World.
• NABA National Butterfly count.
• Except for goldfinches and late bluebirds, bird breeding and nesting season ends this month.
• Mississippi Kites begin fledging their young.
• Mallards and Wood Ducks molt into their "eclipse" plumage and are unable to fly for several weeks.
• Watch local ponds for immature herons and bitterns.
• Fall shorebird migration begins this month.
• Blackbirds begin to flock and appear at feeders.
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders early in the month.
• Hummingbirds begin staging south and start showing up more at feeders.
• Keep your feeders and bird baths clean and your seed fresh through hot months.
• Barn Swallow fall migration begins.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.