We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
425 Quill Dr.,
Dawsonville, GA 30534
Phone: (706) 429-0077
Fax: (706) 429-0078
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We are located on GA400 South of the Outlets next to the Outside World.
• Shorebird migration builds and waterfowl migration starts.
• Purple Martins begin heading south (adults by the start of the month, juveniles by the end of the month).
• Broad-winged Hawk migration begins.
• Chimney Swifts can be seen in large flocks over chimneys at dusk.
• Second brood of hummingbirds begin to appear at feeders early- to mid-month.
• American Goldfinches are fledging late this month.
• Migration begins for Ospreys and raptors.
• Early warblers (Cape May, Tennessee, Magnolia, Blackburnian) are migrate southward.
• The peak of Ruby-throated Hummingbird fall migration is mid-August.
• Carolina Chickadees begin forming pairs (protracted during non-breedng season).
• Perseids Meteor shower is mid-month.