We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
425 Quill Dr.,
Dawsonville, GA 30534
Phone: (706) 429-0077
Fax: (706) 429-0078
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We are located on GA400 South of the Outlets next to the Outside World.
• Cedar Waxwings arrive.
• Look for scarce Rufous Hummingbirds to arrive throughout the region.
• Wintering sparrows, towhees and juncos arrive late in the month - they all love millet in a ground feeder.
• It's a good time to install bluebird winter roost boxes.
• American Goldfinches start to return this month (in the south of the region).
• First Sprague's Pipits and longspurs arrive for the winter.
• Monarch migration reaches its peak late in month, sometimes in uncountable numbers.
• Sandhill Cranes arrive in small flocks late in the month.
• Waterfowl migration continues to build; lots of geese can be seen passing over at the end of the month.
• Bald Eagle nest building and maintenance begins.
• Great Horned Owl males begin hooting in nesting territory.
• Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers arrive.
• Sedge Wrens arrive in mid-October.
• Peak fall migration for American Robins.
• Orionids meteor shower is late-October.